Saturday, May 05, 2007

Self Worth

My daughter Lexi has this little note book to doodle in and one day I was just browsing through it looking at her cute pictures thinking how her drawings have changed so much over a short time, when i came upon this page in it. It reads, "I luve Dad, I luve Mommy, I luve Lizzi, I luve Myself. It melted my heart to see her mispelled words written on the little piece of paper. It's so important to me that my children know how much I love them. And I thought how wonderful that she expresses her love back. And I was really happy to know that she loves herself. So many children don't realize in this day and age how important it is to love yourself and i'm so greatful that she knows her self worth at such a young age! I pray I can help her keep that image in the years to come.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is soooo neat! I love how she wrote I luv myself. I think you and Anthony are doing such a great job raising those girls...they are just so the best!

Laura said...

Love this post!

Ginger John said...

That is so cute. I love when they start out with the adorable crooked handwriting. Something so sweet and innocent about it. I agree completely with you- it is so important especially these days that the children have self confidence and love for themselves and their families.

Erin said...

I love this post...I just read it again and it gave me goosebumps. I hope you know that your daughter's positive view of herself is a reflection on what a great mother you are!